AmCham Center Chapter Opening Ceremony
On February 15th, 2017, AmCham Tunisia inaugurated its third Chapter in Sousse “the AmCham Chapter for the Center”, and the Signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
The inauguration was marked by the presence of H.E Daniel Rubinstein, US Ambassador to Tunisia, AmCham Tunisia Board Members , Members of the Tunisian Assembly of the Representatives of the People (parliament), and business community from the region.
Mr. Kamel Zarrad, Chairman of the new chapter spoke about the existing industries in the region such as the textile sector and the potential it carries for the region and how he will work toward promoting US investment in the region in this sector and others.
Mr. Khaled Babbou, Chairman of AmCham Tunisia stated that the creation of this new Chapter is an opportunity for AmCham board members attending the event, to highlight the commitment of AmCham to promote business development in all the regions of the country, and to boost business relations between the two countries and expressed his thanks to all for their presence, and thanked H.E Daniel Rubinstein, US Ambassador to Tunisia for attending this inauguration in a region with a high potential for business and trade.
H.E Daniel Rubinstein welcomed the presence and congratulated the new Chapter Board. He underlined that this new AmCham Center Chapter will serve the business community in the Center of Tunisia, aiming to promote US investments in the region as well as assist Tunisian businesses from the area to access the US market.
M Karim Garnaoui, Vice President of the new chapter introduced the new board for the Center Chapter, made up of:
- President : Kamel Zarrad
- Vice President : Karim Garnaoui
- General Secretary : Mansour Tritar
- Deputy General Secretary : Maher Abdallah
- Treasurer : Salim Hadj Mabrouk
- Deputy Treasurer : Hichem Turki
- Vice President in charge of Textile : Maher Abdallah
- Vice President in charge of Tourism : Meriam Driss
- Vice President in charge of Handicraft : Lotfi Ghozzi
- Vice President in charge of Agri-Business: Habib Douss
- Vice President in charge of Mechanical / Electronical and Plastic Injection : Chakib Debbabi
- Vice President in charge of IT : WASSEL BERRAYENA
- Vice President in charge of government relations and public institutions : Taoufik Laaribi
To close this ceremony, a Memorandum of Understanding was signed between AmCham Tunisia and the AmCham Center Chapter, making it the third AmCham Chapter after Bizerte and Sfax.