The American Chamber of Commerce in Tunisia is a nongovernmental organization created in 1989. It is a founding member of the MENA AmCham Council, which groups the chambers of commerce in the Middle East and North Africa.
About AmCham Tunisia
AmCham’s overall mission is to encourage connections between businessmen/businesswomen and companies in Tunisia and in the United States of America, to develop, in particular, economic and commercial exchanges between the two countries.
To enhance FDI and especially US investment in Tunisia is an equally crucial part of AmCham mission. To achieve its mission, AmCham carries out relevant economic activities such as leading business delegations to US fairs, organizing lobbying missions (Door Knock Missions) to Washington D.C to promote Tunisia and business potentials to US high officials at the Administration and the Congress as well as the civil society. Besides, AmCham assists in the program of US business delegations visiting Tunisia.
AmCham Tunisia Strategic Objectives
- To promote the development of trade, commerce and investment between Tunisia and the US.
- To act as a forum for non-political dialogue between the local American business and public and private interests and enterprises in Tunisia
- To create awareness of the benefits of trade and investment opportunities between Tunisia and the US and the MENA region.
- To reinforce AmCham’s membership.
- To strengthen AmCham’s training programs.
A delegation of AmCham Tunisia members visits Washington D.C. every year for meetings with members of Congress, the U.S. Administration, think tanks, financial institutions and the U.S. media. These Doorknock missions are considered as a forum for members to identify and discuss the challenges facing the private sector.
AmCham Annual Directory
All members and their companies are featured in this complete cross-referenced directory, published every year and referred to by thousands of Tunisian and international users.
AmCham E-News is sent to 3 000 e-mails both in Tunisia and in the USA.
Discounts in Hotels, Restaurants, and other Businesses
As a valued member of AmCham, you will also receive special discounts on products and services offered by member companies using your membership card especially hotels and restaurants. You can also benefit from discounts offered by AmCham MENA composed of AmCham Algeria, Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Jordan, Egypt, and Lebanon. These discounts are available at www.amchammena.org.
AmCham hosts series of professional events including workshops, debates, and roundtables throughout the year. These events represent an excellent networking opportunity, and allow members and guests to listen to the views of prominent political and business speakers from the government, international agencies, and the private sector.
AmCham offers assistance to American citizens visiting Tunisia for business. This service consists of:
- Ensuring comfortable circumstances for the visitors.
- Helping with car rental and driver service.
- Providing a qualified assistant for translation and coordination.
Amcham provides certified translation service of legal, business, general documents.
With over 20 years of experience, AmCham Tunisia’s Training Department is a leader in English language training. We are the perfect partner for our clients because:
- We have established a reputation for excellent standards of teaching combined with personal care and attention.
- Our trainers are highly experienced and competent native and non-native speakers.
- We utilize relevant, high quality training methods.
- We emphasize development and innovation.
- We offer a wide range of programs that cater to the specialized needs of our clients.
Business English programs
In today’s global markets, English is the international language of business and the standard language of communication for all executives, managers, and technicians. Increasingly, the recruitment and promotion of staff is highly influenced by their knowledge of English. Thanks to AmCham’s experienced and dedicated language trainers we are able to provide personalized and highly effective language programs to companies, for both groups and individuals. Among our most popular programs are:
- General Business English
- English for public speaking
- English for effective correspondence
- English for executive assistants and secretaries
- English for international communication
- Business plans and technical Reports
- English for banking and finance